eDOCS Engineering Suite
Create, Control, Collaborate on and Approve your engineering content with eDOCS DM Engineering Suite.
All components of the engineering value chain – including engineers, document controllers, EPCM’s, suppliers and designers alike – need the ability to work effectively with large volumes of complex engineering documents and different file types in a controlled, managed environment.
OpenText eDOCS DM
Cad-Capture extends the world class functionality of OpenText eDOCS DM, allowing the inclusion of the engineering functions of an organisation, including engineering documentation and complex 2D & 3D drawings, with the eDOCS DM Engineering Suite.
One source of truth
The Engineering Suite enhances eDOCS DM – providing a single source of truth across all departments – utilising one repository for a vast array of file types – from MS Office, PDF and image files to complex 2D and 3D CAD files.
Mark-up and redline capabilities
Easily mark-up documents with a variety of entities such as clouds, notes, text, measurements and symbols, and save into the ECM.
As part of a design review, multiple mark-ups can be opened and consolidated, and a sign-off stamp used to ensure security and compliance. Mark-ups from previous document versions may be loaded to ensure all necessary revision changes have been made.
Create & Manage native CAD files
Create and Manage complex 2D & 3D AutoCAD CAD files within eDOCS DM – including Xrefs and Hybrid elements (also integrating with AutoCAD Raster Design).
The eDOCS Engineering Suite allows controlled collaboration within the organisation and across the extended enterprise – providing effective communication with internal stakeholders and external partners alike.
- Dramatically streamline search and retrieval processes for CAD drawings & engineering documentation & CAD drawings
- Secure, controlled access to the right version of the right document – securely accessed by the right person
- Use drawings as a dash-board for reporting and better/faster decision making
- Secure access to over 300 different file formats
- Version control of vital engineering CAD drawings
- Automatically import complex CAD files into a secure, managed environment
CaptureLink for AutoCAD & MicroStation
CaptureLink integrates AutoCAD and MicroStation CAD files with eDOCS DM. Features include:
- Bi-directional link between profile forms and title blocks
- Fully text searchable drawings
- Effective management of Xrefs and Hybrid elements within eDOCS DM
- Create, update and maintain native AutoCAD and MicroStation files within eDOCS DM
Visualisation with CaptureVue for eDOCS DM
CaptureVue provides controlled view and mark-up of over 300 file formats
– including 2D and 3D CAD.
Additional features include:
- True fidelity preview and thumbnails for rapid searching
- Real Time collaboration for concurrent working
- Automatic HotSpots for linking systems and documents
- Breaking down the barriers between structured and unstructured data.
Transfer of information
Fast, efficient exchange of complex engineering documentation with Cad-Capture’s range of transfer solutions – including:
• CAD CD Import
• CAD CD Export
• CAD Bulk Upload utility
Covering the initial upload as a result of the purchase of a new plant or facility – through to the daily project needs to transfer CAD files into and out of the organisation – Cad-Capture has the solution to meet your needs.
Identify, extract & correct Asset Tag info
Identification, extraction and correction* of asset tags from native CAD files (AutoCAD and MicroStation) and PDF documentation and drawings.
Engineering Success with eDOCS DM
OpenText’s eDOCS DM and Cad-Capture’s Engineering Suite combined mean that you can maximize the business value of your work product through improved collaboration, organization, control and retrieval your key information and particularly engineering assets.