CaptureLink for AutoCAD
CaptureLink for AutoCAD from Cad-Capture brings true OpenText eDOCS DM integration to Autodesk’s AutoCAD suite of CAD design software. It enables drawings and their associated content such as Xrefs and rasters to be stored into, managed within and retrieved from eDOCS directly from the AutoCAD application, helping maintain consistency across an organisation, facilitating better decision making and improved productivity.
CaptureLink for AutoCAD Datasheet – Download
eDOCS profile/title block synchronisation
Automatically synchronise eDOCS DM profile and version attributes with drawing title block data for efficient and error-free profiling. This is completely configurable, complying with existing business and drawing management processes. DM profile and title block mappings can be configured between multiple DM profiles and title blocks.
Ensure complete control of drawing content by storing Xrefs and inserted images in the eDOCS repository, and managing with CaptureLink for AutoCAD. Published, current or specific versions of Xrefs can be inserted in drawings; new versions are checked for when the drawing is opened in CaptureLink, and updated Xrefs loaded if necessary.
Allow users to search on drawing content including text within blocks. When drawings are saved in CaptureLink all text content is extracted and indexed by eDOCS.
For organisations working with hybrid drawings, CaptureLink for AutoCAD Raster Design provides the ability to create a new AutoCAD drawing by automatically inserting the raster image, and for both the raster and drawing portions to be edited, updated and saved in eDOCS.
Make full use of the Xref editing capabilities in more recent versions of AutoCAD by opening and editing Xrefs from within the master drawing. CaptureLink ensures integrity with eDOCS is maintained, checking-out Xrefs so they can be modified, and then checking-in saved changes when the work is complete.
Available in English and Norwegian. Translation to other languages available on request.
Compatibility with OpenText eDOCS DM Extension for AutoCAD
Capitalise on your previous investment in OpenText by upgrading existing eDOCS DM Extension for AutoCAD licences* to CaptureLink for AutoCAD. CaptureLink is now available directly from OpenText as eDOCS DM Integration to Autodesk AutoCAD.
* subject to current OpenText maintenance contract
- CaptureLink integrates with OpenText eDOCS DM versions 5.2.1, 5.3, 5.3.1
- CaptureLink works with AutoCAD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (32bit/64bit), AutoCAD Raster Design 2010, 2011, 2012 (32bit/64bit)
- Guaranteed to support future versions on eDocs DM and AutoCAD (Subject to CaptureLink for AutoCAD Maintenance and Support Agreement)
- Increases productivity by providing faster access to drawings, speeding up document production, and minimising time spent searching for or recreating information.
- Improves decision-making by enabling access to all types of document across the organisation, enhancing the corporate knowledge base.
- Maintains integrity and consistency by validating title blocks with eDOCS metadata and maintaining version and audit information.
- Transforms the availability of information by capturing text and metadata from inside drawings and making it available on enterprisewide queries, helping users find relevant information whenever and wherever needed.